If you are not a Malaysian or have moved to the region lately, then the term BRIM might be totally new for you. BR1M is a government scheme of Malaysia for helping the people who are very poor and in need of financial assistance to support their everyday living. This policy is targeted at the people who have a very low household income and for those whose salary of less than RM 3000. In order to avail this financial aid from the Malaysian government people living there must fulfil certain requirements to qualify for the same. Knowing such details is essential to avail the financial support in the right way. Also these eligibility criteria will also help you know whether you are eligible to avail the aid by government or not.
What is the eligibility to apply for BR1M program?
- The house hold must have a income of RM 650 or lesser
- They must be a citizen of Malaysia and should have the proof supporting it
- This financial support can be availed by both the males and females in Malaysia with an income proof that states their gross income is lower than RM3000
- It can be applied by both married people and single parent who are aged below 20 years or younger
- It can be applied by Malaysian people who are aged above 60 years with an earning capacity and their salary is below RM 3000
If the applicants of BR1M satisfy these criteria then they can claim the financial aid and reap the benefits of this scheme that the Government of Malaysia offers.
Applying for BR1M online
People can apply for BR1M through the online application available for them. New applicants can find notifications about the dates on which they can register themselves at the site. The website supports the online registration of various individuals like senior citizens, single parent, young married people and families. The government of Malaysia will only accept the applications submitted by eligible applicants. Those who have applied and qualified already can update the details in the BRIM site.
What do you need to apply for BRIM online?
While applying at the website for BR1M assistance then you will have to offer the following documents such as:
- Details of the identity card
- The mailing address that is the latest one where the applicant is residing
- The Bank Account Number of the applicants to help them receive the BR1M fund. No accounts with loans, joint name or a corporate name will be accepted
- The identity card of the spouses and dependants with complete details
Make sure that all the details provided through these documents are real and complete. DO not furnish any fake information or documents. If anyone is facing some difficulties with the registration process for BR1M aid then they can contact the Ministry of Finance or the LHDN centre near their locality. You can also find email id at the site and send a mail regarding the query you have.